Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The "Absurd man" and Synchronicity

I am 22-years-old. I know you know this but I am 22-years-old. Sometimes being in this body of a 22-year-old feels like the distance between Earth and Mars but with my soul instead. I have so many qualities of a 22-year-old but also I have other qualities that some have described to me as being way to wise for my age. Some of this could come from the Karma cycle that I am an old soul. That is if I where to believe in having a soul and not my atheistic existential way. However could my atheism and existentialism honestly be the fact that I am 22-years-old or do I have it right on the money making me wiser.

Part of this discussion I have created in my mind is a friend was talking to me about Synchronicity. I am no expert on this philosophical idea, I have only read the wikipedia article. However my friend is reading this work by Jung (he plans on lending it to me one day). This idea has been playing and totting to my mind. It is creating an ever larger reflection upon my life and beliefs.

Some of this reflecting is allowing myself to face some of my fears that I am growing-up and becoming an adult. This is a dream that all little kids have of "I want to be (fill-in-the-blank) when I grow-up". However the reality of growing-up is somewhat scary. Every choice you make will have some kind of consequence and a new experiences. The question that Synchronicity poses is that some choices you make could be related to another persons mind. That two different incidents of "bumping" into another person in two different locations or two different periods in your life means something more than coincidence.

At 22-years-old I am starting to see the meaning of synchronicity taking place in the consequences of choices that I have made. That there is more to life than "42" or that Kierkegaard was more on track with the "absurd man" especially when totting synchronicity into the idea. This is just an invisible scratch on glass that my mind is going to with the "absurd man" and synchronicity. There is so much more to how synchronicity affects the "absurd man" and vice-versa.

I am not sure where this blog post was actually going to originate because I went off of my overall topic and into my mind boggling thoughts instead. Eventually I will blog about what I was actually meaning to blog about. Until then continue thinking and continue reading more about the philosophers I discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment