Thursday, August 25, 2011

Not Going Back to School

It has hit me, finally. I am not in school. I haven't been now for 9 months almost to the day. I am not in school. It is so hard to believe. I am not going back. I am seeing these ads in stores and magazines of "back to school" sales. At my new job in the service industry my co-workers are talking about how they are starting school this week. The teachers at the local schools have been telling me as well. I went to a back-to-school party and I couldn't talk about classes that I am looking forward to or not looking forward to. I see all the free time I truly have.

What am I doing with my life? School has been the entirety of my life. A part of my mind was saying, "Alright. Adam, vacation from school is over" but I am still not going back to school. No matter what, I won't have to stress for hours upon hours about assignments. I have gone as far as creating my own class in my mind. Am I insane? Am I absurd? Neither. I am filling the void of having the passion of learning. I yearn to learn. The more I learn the more I see how much I truly do not know.

I am creating my own graduate school at the moment. I am self-teaching myself things I would never have dreamed of doing. I am an academic at heart. My eyes are wide open. It is time to enter the field that my heart is yearning for. It is time to learn. Struggle, do whatever but in my own means.

Yes I do plan on going to grad school still. In fact I am on the hunt for GRE books (My old ones are in a box in Reno somewhere). This is it. Time to master my own mind (Although I know it can truly never be mastered).

By the way to follow my journey of self-teaching Nietzsche read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment