Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Six months and the Brits...

It is hard to believe that in about a week I would have lived in Austin for six months and to discover how much my life has changed. I have always been the green type of person but these last six months I feel that I have grown into an even greener person. I do not have a car in Austin, I ride my bike everywhere,

Without driving I am reducing CO2 emissions drastically and I love knowing that I am making a small impact. I know it is not much but I feel it is enough. By cycling everywhere I am also getting more exercise and daily exercise. Its not like I didn't exercise back in Reno but I am definitely making health a larger priority in my life in Austin. I am eating out a lot less and cooking more at home. My overall consumption has been decreasing.

I am learning to find fun in new and different activities that I haven't done before. I am finding my passion for creative writing more and more everyday. I am growing more into myself. I am becoming a stronger individual. I have struggled through some of this but I keep my motivation high and I keep myself going. I am finding zen.

Although I haven't really found a "circle of friends" the people that I am finding are teaching me so much about life. Helping me find new discoveries. I am realizing so many different avenues. I am not saying I know what I want to do but I am learning things that I don't want to do. I am discovering a new way of learning. I have been putting myself through many rigorous mental challenges as well.

I feel lost and found all at once. I am just going with the flow but not settling for anything. I am creating some safety nets but none of them are for certain.  I am discovering a new pair of lens to see the world through and I am loving it.

I have also seemed to meet some very notable people during these 6 months. A few have been some people who I occasionally meet-up with for drinks, a few of them are people vacationing in Austin like my last extravaganza with the Brits. They were some of the coolest and most genuine individuals I have yet to meet. However having a night out with Brits entails a large amount of drinking because they expect you to keep-up pint for pint. Thus creates a large headache the next day but anyhow it is always fun.

2 comments:

  1. I second Jenn's statement.

    Glad you came here. You helped me center myself quite a bit back when you first got here. I can't believe it was so long ago!

    ReplyDelete