Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dear Katherine

An interesting night occurred at one of the bars I frequent here in Austin. This bar is called Kung Fu Lounge. This bar has really grown on me. A place where I can and just relax and have a happy hour pint on a Monday night (My Friday but happy hour is all night). It is typically a pint of Fireman's 4, a Texas beer. This particular night I was feeling up to talking to strangers and getting to meet new people who enjoy this local hang out as much as I do.

Z and I gathered around the life size connect four where two gals and a gent were playing. I asked if I could play winner. They naturally agreed. Myself hoping that the ladies would win and allow Z and I to work our charm. The lesson learned here is that before you call winner make sure that the male opponent is not a physicist because you are bound to play a physicist, who can literally kick your ass at life size connect four in about 8 moves and you will not have one on one time with the ladies.

It felt that the universe was just working against us that night because later on Z and I were the back-end of what seemed to be a joke that would occur in high school. We left the patio and decided to sit on a bench in the bar. We were deep in our normal philosophical debate about other dimensional worlds and the process of the world speeding up for a global evolutionary process, how mother Earth is giving birth to a new world (Yes I know we are nerds and then some). All of a sudden a beautiful gal who is out of both of our leagues came-up and was like "Hi guys how are you" and then asked if she can sit in between us. Z and I are pretty laid back so it was no big deal until we could tell it was awkward for her and her friends took a picture and she proceeded to leave.

My extravert drunkself afterwards realized that we were some part of a practical joke. So I went up to her, Katherine the Kung Fu Whore, and said "It's Katherine right? So, what was the dare?" This made her and her friends realize the petty immature individuals they are. I hope that they grow-up one day. I have been out of high school way to long to be the end of a practical joke, so I had to call them out on it. Something I would have never of done in my extremely nerdy 15-year-old self when I was at the end of a joke, instead I made their joke the real joke.

I learned a lot about myself and I am learning to stand-up for myself even more than ever. I can now reflect on myself even more and just call people out on the hateful things they do for their own amusement. This is a tool that the universe felt I need to know for whatever I am to endure in my future. Don't fuck with Adam K. Allen.

No comments:

Post a Comment